I’m happy to announce the release of my most recent paper “Leading With Boots On: The Art of Bootism™, 12 Hugs and Cupcakes in Leadership” available to the public today. “What IS ‘Bootism’?” you may ask…In a nutshell think Eastern Philosophy (wellness, spirituality, joy, peace) meets Western Philosophy (business, great results, leadership, bottom lines, growth), add in "boots, hugs and cupcakes" as core secret ingredients, and you have a way of creating sustainable results, authentic leadership and joy in the process.
I’ve been doing this work for 8 years now, having a heck of a time explaining it, and finally after a bumpy and somewhat “forced” path of “elevator speeches” and coached “descriptions”, lots of “branding coaching”, and lots of client feedback, I’d finally let go of “naming it appropriately.” Which is just about exactly when realized I was standing in the name all along when I stumbled into it on a long run with a dear friend, client and colleague. (Which, btw, just reinforces my belief that the most congruent aha’s come when we’re “unattached”, exercising and hanging out with good people. But that’s another post!)
There are 7 core Tenets of Bootism. The "Tenets" are the guiding beliefs and principles, the "Toes & Heels", not included here, are the behaviors and actions, and the "Darecteristics™" (also not shown), are the values and charecteristics that support Bootist Leadership™.
For more information on these, register on the right hand side of this page in our “opt-in box” to download a copy of the paper, and for how to apply them and make them work for you, come to my retreat in July.
For a sneak peek of the Tenets themselves, read more here…
1. Tenet One: We're all on our own personal path; it's dynamic and evolving...It's yours, you lead it, you follow it.
2. Tenet Two: Self awareness is key for determining who you are, what you want and how you'll get there.
3. Tenet Three: Conscious energy leadership & vitality are the secret weapons to sustainable leadership.
4. Tenet Four: People make the world go round...The quality of your relationships and engagement with those around you significantly impacts the quality of your leadership.
5. Tenet Five: Intentional presence & mindset drives better results...Whether we acknowledge it or not, we create impact without saying a word, through our "way of being," and through our mindset.
6. Tenet Six: Authentic systems, structures, and caring, co-designed relationships create the foundation to "get it done" in a more rewarding and effective way.
7. Tenet Seven: Leadership is a way of being and leading is a verb. Bootism is all about leading and doing it as positively and proactively as possible to help you build a more rewarding life and a more effective organization.
Want to learn more? Sound like this could be useful to you or your organization? Join me for the retreat in July or if you're interested in booking a Bootist Talk or Event for your team, your organization, or at your next conference, contact us.
Either way, I hope to see you out there soon, paths crossed, and boots on!