A long weekend AND more impact?
What are you up to this holiday weekend? Whether you're working, playing, chilling, escaping to a beach, or hunkering down in your office, there are things you can do with a long weekend (or any weekend) to support you, your IEP (Intentional Energetic Presence), and your leadership. Use this weekend well, no matter what you're up to, and come back next week even stronger. Here are 5 ways to play...
5 Ways to rock your weekend and come back even stronger.
- Make a commitment to enjoy the weekend. If you're taking the weekend "off", take it off. Really. Let your brain have it. Put the phone away. Step away from the computer. Let yourself have the weekend. Your body, brain, and spirit will thank you for it.
- If it's a working weekend, make a list and check it twice. Friday afternoon make a map for the weekend with the highest leverage things you'll be working on. Chunk it out. Close the doors. Sit down, stand up, or run/hike while you work (whatever makes you shine), and get it done. When it's done, be done. Go back to step 1.
- Create a vision for your life, your work, your relationship, your impact. Weekends are my favorite time to get some white space, sit back, drink my morning coffee outside and to reflect and dream; How am I doing? What's the impact I'm having? What's the impact I want to have? Who am I becoming? What's "success" look like for me/my family/work/relationship/etc.? What's next? Writing out a vision for this is powerful. I've been visioning since 2004 and all I can say is that it's... magic.
- Do something magical for your body. Long weekends especially are a great time to reboot the bod. Clean up the food, take a long hike, sleep extra, take a brilliant bath, hit up hotsprings, get some body work done, paint those toes, rub those feet, whateva... serve the body.
- Love up your environment. This will not take a lot and the ROI will be high. What's something in your environment that needs some TLC? Clean your closet, clean your fridge or pantry, your garage, your office, your email folders, your car, you get it. Anything that is not serving your energy; anything that makes you contract or doesn't support you being the best instrument of change... change it. Easy peasy. Go.
While these may seem tricky or super simple or "what the heck" do they have to do with joy and leadership -- I promise you they all have more impact than you're realizing. These are all essential components of nourishing your IEP -- being intentional, setting yourself up for success energetically, and creating a stronger leadership presence -- that are secret sauce with the leaders I do this work with.
Do one, do all, do it on a long weekend or on your day off, but do, be, and see what shifts!
Want to learn more ways to boost your IEP? Join me for IEP Live! this June!
The IEP Live! Leadership & Influence Immersion is this June 20th & 21st, 2019 in Ann Arbor. Early bird pricing is going on now ($300 off).