In our previous blog post (Part 1), we shared indicators that your company may not be a Positive Energy Workplace. If you missed it, make sure to check it out because it's essential to understanding what might be holding your organization back from reaching its full potential.
But today, we're flipping the script and focusing on the signs that show your company is already a Positive Energy Workplace AND in growth and optimization mode! We recognize these indicators in the Positive Energy Workplace Initiative™ (PEW-i), and they are worth celebrating because they demonstrate that your organization is on the right track and creating an environment where your team can thrive.
So, let's dive into what a Positive Energy Workplace DOES look like:
- Your people rally: When the going gets tough or when important conversations need to happen, your team steps up. They go the extra mile, take on additional responsibilities, and actively contribute to the growth and success of your company. Their dedication and willingness to have honest conversations and redefine roles and expectations collaboratively are clear indications of a Positive Energy Workplace.
- Psychological safety is intact: In a Positive Energy Workplace, feedback flows freely, and people are not afraid to engage in real talk, pushback, or call out issues. Honest conversations are the norm, and individuals feel comfortable speaking the truth, seeking help when needed, giving essential feedback, and addressing challenges directly. It's an environment where people talk to each other, rather than around or about each other.
- People look forward to coming to work and are proud to work for your organization: Your employees genuinely enjoy their work and feel proud to be a part of your organization. They have a strong sense of connection, safety, and inspiration, which drives them to go above and beyond. They speak highly of your company and its mission, and they might even refer others to join your team.
- Self-care is prioritized for optimal performance: In a Positive Energy Workplace, leaders recognize the importance of self-care as a crucial leadership skill. You understand that taking care of yourself directly impacts your performance and the performance of your team. Regular energy checks, addressing well-being needs individually and as a team, and creating time and space for self-care are prioritized.
- Your customers feel awesome when they work with you and your employees: When your customers interact with your team, they can feel the authentically positive energy. Your employees operate from a place of service, bring a great attitude, and create an environment that feels good to be in. This positive energy extends to the way your team engages with clients, leaving a lasting impression.
- Problem-solving is productive and exciting: Complaints are seen as opportunities for growth, and issues are reframed and reset for better results. Instead of dwelling on problems, your team focuses on finding solutions. Complaints turn into requests and suggestions, and challenges are seen as stepping stones to success. This mindset creates an atmosphere where problem-solving becomes not just productive but even exciting.
- YOU feel like you're in integrity as a leader: As a leader in a Positive Energy Workplace, you come to work feeling good. You have confidence in your leadership approach, even when facing difficult and ambiguous situations. You're present, leading with your team, and operating from a place of integrity. This alignment between your values, actions, and leadership style contributes to the overall positive energy within the organization.
These indicators are just a glimpse of what a Positive Energy Workplace looks like. In our Positive Energy Workplace Initiative (PEW-i) Community, as well as through our consulting and training programs, we help organizations cultivate these environments and develop strong relationships within their teams.
How to learn more:
- Join us for our next invite-only Executive Forum, designed for executives and senior leaders who are responsible for culture, leadership, innovation, and performance. Request an invitation here.
- If your team or organization is experiencing challenges with lost time, retention, collaboration, leadership, burnout, or engagement, it’s very possible that the “problem” is not the problem you may think. Your eco-system and organizational “IEP” may need some attention. Contact us to schedule a conversation to explore how we might help.
- If you’d like to keep ACI in mind for future strategic support, we’d be delighted to connect. Contact us to schedule a capabilities briefing. We’ll spend some time learning about your company and share an overview of our offerings so we can more easily work together when you are ready for our services.
If you're interested in becoming a Certified Positive Energy Workplace or if your organization is currently in triage mode and needs assistance in healing and strengthening your culture, we're here to support you. We offer three pathways to help you achieve your desired outcomes and create the Positive Energy Workplace you envision. Check out more information here, or reach out to schedule a connection call to discuss more.